Musician Amanda Palmer learned to connect with patrons as a street performer, busking as the 8 foot tall bride. She believes that all musicians, writers, creatives need to learn to ask – for financial support, for gigs, for contracts. “The perfect tools aren’t going to help us if we can’t face each other and give and receive fearlessly, but more important, to ask without shame,” said Palmer in this Ted video performance. Though she no longer works as a street performer, she knows how to ask and connect. She encouraged fans to support her on Kickstarter and collected $1 million from 24,000 of them.
Mint Shop categories
- Meet Mint marketing intern Sydney Catton, who is cooking up new campaigns
- How we are adapting our holiday shopping this year
- Generosity times 2: Mint shares it in an art show and in our first calendar
- Delicious candy crafts to make, not eat, this fall
- Stick with us for beautiful stickers and holiday gifts
Subscribe to our blog