Mint Artists Guild hires young creatives, emerging professionals and adults for a variety of roles. Mint is dedicated to full, fair and open opportunities for all and commit to equal employment opportunities, equitable hiring practices and transparency in hiring and pay. We’d love to have you as part of our program! Descriptions of various roles are outlined below.
This new position for Mint Artists Guild will continue our growth, and give our team and our youth more opportunities and support.
Summary: Assist in planning and running with Mint Creative Summer Jobs program, coordinate the Paint Detroit with Generosity initiative, plan and assist with other initiatives and programs related to youth development, community art and creative careers.
Work 8 to 12 hours a week, April, May and June and October AND 20 to 25 hours during July and August, during the Creative Summer Jobs program . This is anticipated to be a six-month contract job, with any extension or renewal based on successful fundraising.
Opportunity / impact: Help develop creative summer jobs programming for Detroit youth. Support and provide opportunities to learn new skills, earn money and give back in Detroit. Develop new training, improve Mint systems and more.
Pay: Approximately $19 – $21 / hour, depending on experience
Essential skills: Understand visual arts and art exhibits; youth development; project management and time management; excellent written and verbal communications, a positive, make-things-happen attitude, lead small groups or teams.
- Assist with planning and coordination of Mint programs and activities.
- Outreach and engage artists, community groups and others
- Support program growth and development as necessary, including outreach, orientation, systems and more
- Oversee youth artists and team youth leaders during the Mint Summer Jobs program.
- Prepare Mint art for exhibits and shows.
- Create resources, videos, training materials for youth artists.
- Other assignments to be determined.
- Please apply by Monday, April 3.
Mint Artists Guild seeks a professional, hard-working marketing intern for a part-time role We seek a self-starter, very productive, good at videos and social media campaigns and able to join us by mid-March. We need someone who will contribute to our nonprofit immediately and learn new skills with Mint. This is a hybrid role and the intern must be available to work in person at events, activities and other times.
This internship is open to responsible high school students or college students. Learn more about the Mint marketing internship here and apply today.
Summer Creative Jobs / youth artists
For summer creative jobs, Mint accepts applicants through Grow Detroit’s Young Talents. Young Detroit residents ages 14-24 are eligible and must apply by the end of April. (Sometimes we are able to add people in May so be in touch if you missed the deadline.) Youth must be 14-22 by June 15 and demonstrate excellence in creating art to join Mint’s summer program.
After applying, please contact Mint director Vickie Elmer and share one piece of your work and a resume and / or letter of introduction. Explain why you want to work for us.
Youth who are selected to work for Mint in the summer must attend pre-employment training in June. Young artists work approximately 120 – 130 hours in July and August for Mint Artists Guild.
For more on our summer jobs program, please see these blog posts.
- Interviewing tips for creative summer jobs.
- Three steps to a summer job with Mint.
- Read more about the Creative Summer Jobs program.
Lead Artists – Summer Arts & Crafts
We are seeking one lead artist to work with us this summer on youth-led arts and crafts in Detroit parks.
- Project run in partnership with the Detroit Pistons and lasts 15 weeks.
- Need someone who loves children and is very organized and creative.
- Must have reliable transportation and plenty of fun art projects you will lead for families and children and youth. Send your resume to email@example.com by May 1.
- Part-time (2 to 8 hours/week)
- Pay is stipend based, and averages $20 – $25 an hour.
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please send an email with any required information (resume, role applying for, cover letter, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be logged in to post a comment.