Mint changes young artists’ lives and sense of selves, building confidence and opening doors to new experiences and career choices. And Mint has an impact measured in dollars and in creativity shared.
See all of those here:
- Mint Artists and Interns in Creative Summer Jobs Program earned $32,015 in 2022. They earned more than $18,300 in the summer of 2021.
- Mint is launching several first time activities in summer 2023, including art workshops for teens and adults underwritten by the Huron – Clinton Metroparks.
- A record number $2,100 was earned by one artist in the Mint tent at the Palmer Park Art Fair. Another artist sold more than 80 pieces at that same art fair.
- Mint received a $5,000 first grant for technology tools from Culture Source and the Gilbert Family Foundation.
- Over 1,300 children received free Mint coloring pages or free arts and crafts in Detroit, so they could explore their creativity.
- Mint gifts 25 or more Paint Detroit with Generosity paintings to local nonprofits each year, for more than 150 paintings gifted since the initiative began.
- Awards and prizes of $2,300 were given to youth poets and artists who won the second Metro Detroit Youth Arts Competition in 2021.
- Two Mint artists were paid to create Detroit debit card designs for One Detroit Credit Union. And credit union staff liked them both so they launched the two simultaneously.