Mint Artists Guild hires young creatives, emerging professionals and adults for a variety of roles. We are dedicated to full and fair and open opportunities for all and commit to equal employment opportunities, equitable hiring practices and transparency in hiring and pay.
We hire artists and designers for our Creative Summer Jobs program.
Here are our current openings:
Lead artist – summer arts and crafts
We are seeking one lead artist to work with us this summer on youth-led arts and crafts in Detroit parks. The project is run in partnership with the Detroit Pistons and lasts 15 weeks. We need someone who loves children and is very organized and creative. You must have reliable transportation and plenty of fun art projects you will lead for families and children and youth. It’s a part-time job – about 8 to 10 hours a week on Thursdays and Fridays – and pays $15 to $18 an hour, depending on experience. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20.
Outreach / art installation
Thanks to a grants and other support, we are seeking an Outreach – art installation team member.
Job basics: The part-time temporary job takes place about once a month in various neighborhoods. Must have some experience installing or hanging art. Ability to lift 50 pounds and get communications skills required.
Other hoped-for skills:
- Friendly, outgoing and grateful.
- Hard working, helpful, problem solver.
- Dependable and organized.
- Must be able to transport art to various places in Detroit.
- Basic understanding of or experience with art packaging, preparing art to show, hanging, installation and display.
- Desire to highlight Mint Artists and Mint art in local businesses and community.
- Creative eye, careful with art hanging and placement.
- Willingness to take on other work as needed.
A driver’s license and access to a car – yours, a friend’s or family members – will be important for this role. The outreach / art installer is paid $13 an hour for approximately two to five hours a week. Role could lead to other opportunities with Mint and/or its partners.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 21.