As we continue to grow and bring on more youth artists in the Mint Creative Summer Jobs program, we continue to need more art supplies.
This year, we expect to hire up to 20 youth artists, plus we will work with five interns from Wolverine Pathways and The Urban Alliance. This translates to a lot of granola bars, snacks and acrylic paint.
Please head to a local or national retailer or shop our Amazon wish list. Here’s our wish list for this year, the first half for our artists and the second half for the children of Detroit in our free arts and crafts:
- Acrylic paints
- Artist sketch books
- Canvases, 8 x 10 inches and 18 x 24 inches (other sizes welcome)
- Easels, floor
- Screens for silk screening such as these
- Gum arabic
- Paper towels
- High quality printing paper – for lithographs we will create this summer
- Durable large plastic sleeves to protect and store art
- Children’s small face masks – since the youngest ones still cannot get vaccinations
- Glitter and glitter glue
- Healthy snacks such as granola bars, dried fruit
- Gift cards to Aldi, Costco, Meijer or Blick or local Detroit or Ferndale supermarkets
- Gift cards for Lyft or Uber, to help youth with transportation needs
If you wish to drop off supplies to Mint Studios, please contact us to arrange a time to deliver. We appreciate your support, and if you prefer to donate cash so we can buy these items, please give today!
Photo: Vickie Elmer for Mint Artists Guild, from 2019