UPDATED SEPT. 15
Mint is planning for a big, beautiful year, and we hired 20 youth over the summer, and offered working with us and
So our wish list for this year is big and beautiful too. It includes art supplies used up for the Mint Creative Summer Jobs program, craft supplies for our arts and crafts and and some items for our studio in Palmer Park.
This year, we are developing a library of books about artists and art styles and the art world, so any books that will inform or inspire our youth are welcome.
We also are determined to organize and tame some of the clutter that has accumulated in the pandemic and before it!
And for the first time, we have a wish list on Amazon if you want to donate and do not live in or near Detroit. If you are in metro Detroit, we hope you will support local art supply stores such as our friends Arts & Scraps or else independent Green’s Art Supply or Martin’s Universal Design in Detroit. Maybe you will select items in your closet or pick them up at estate and garage sales and donate them to us.
Here’s our 2021 wish list:
- art books, especially those that show art made by people of color
- artist sketchbooks
- varnish for paintings, such as Grumbacher
- paper towels, 15 rolls
- crayons and colored pencils – for children’s arts and crafts
- glitter and / or glitter glue – for children’s arts and crafts
- easels and table easels
- A coat rack
- Simple Green or other all natural cleaning supplies
- Tall metal or wood shelves for art to dry on or to hold our supplies
Rust proof spray paint, black or gray preferred
- Clear containers to hold supplies
- A water cooler and three large bottles of water
- Gift cards to Aldi, Meijer, Costco, local supermarkets for snacks and supplies
- Gift cards to movie theaters or local coffee shops such as Bikes & Coffee (a new Mint supporter), Cafe 1923, Chazzano or Detroit Sip – to give as rewards to exceptional youth artists
Some of the gift cards may become rewards for youth and others who volunteer with Mint!
(Photos: Agence Olloweb / Unsplash; Sigmund / Unsplash)