Mint is getting ready for a busy summer of art making – and free arts and crafts in Palmer Park.
And as they say it takes a village, so we are asking our village to give us some supplies. These all will be used by our teen artists for creative community art projects.
Here’s our summertime wish list:
- Artist sketch pads
- Canvases 8 x 10 or 18 x 24, or other sizes
- Mosaic materials – high quality hot-fired smaller tiles in blues, purple, white, yellow, green, orange. (We have plenty of reds)
- child-friendly, washable markers for arts and crafts
- Acrylic paint mediums and gels
- Paint brushes, variety of sizes, new or gently used
- A glue gun
- Rolls of paper towels and tissues, for our studio / summer workers and apprentices
- Digital camera, prefer one with video capabilities
- A coat rack
- Sturdy, heavy duty table (for artists to create on)
- Gift cards to Meijer, Kroger, Costco, Blick, BJs – to buy snacks, art supplies, cleaning supplies, miscellany
- Gently used socks – for creating sock puppets
- Two or three old dictionaries – for community art projects
If it’s easier to donate money, please give us some today! And look for details on our Wednesday afternoon free arts and crafts in Palmer Park, starting in July. Open to all!